Establish a research enterprise platform across Qatar to achieve extra-ordinary improvement in diagnostic and prognostic intelligence required to deliver personalized health care for the benefits of people in Qatar, the region and worldwide
To act as the Qatar National Centre for biological samples and health information to enable research towards the discovery and development of new healthcare interventions
Qatar Biobank Quality Policy Statement
Qatar Biobank (QBB), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a national population based platform that was initiated to support the future biomedical research and clinical interventions to improve the health of the population of Qatar. QBB aims to provide vital medical research possible for scientists in Qatar, the region and the world through the collection of samples and information from upto 60,000 participants of Qatari citizens and longterm residents on their health and lifestyles and follow up them for many years. To ensure that this is effectively implemented in QBB, the top management is committed to the continual improvement of the quality management system by,
- Committing itself in implementing and maintaining systems that comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and all the applicable statutory & regulatory and other relevant requirements.
- Setting measurable quality objectives for departments/functions/operations based on the need to comply with applicable standards and to improve the performance of the processes to meet the national objective.
- Ensuring that all the QBB employees are sufficiently competent based on education, training and actively engaged in the quality management system by effectively communincating the purpose of this quality statement.
- Focusing the importance of quality assurance and quality control in the collection integration and availability of the data and samples generated in QBB.
- Ensuring that the data from the researchs done thorugh QBB are reliable and are readily available for the scientific community.
- Ensuring that this policy statement and quality requirements are made available to all the relevant interested parties.
- Ensuring that this policy statement is reviewed periodically for continued suitability and relevance in its purpose.
Qatar Biobank Information Security Management System Policy Statement
Qatar Biobank (QBB), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a national population based platform that was initiated to support the future biomedical research and clinical interventions to improve the health of the population of Qatar. QBB aims to provide vital medical research possible for scientists in Qatar, the region and the world through the collection of samples and information from up to 60,000 participants of Qatari citizens and long term residents on their health and lifestyles and follow up them for many years.
QBB have implemented an information security management system that complies with the requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard to ensure its protection of confidentiality and integrity of all the information of our participants, staff, collaborating researchers, and other stakeholders within the scope of the ISMS.
For achieving this, QBB is committed to:
- Ensure availability of information in accordance with QBB’s vision and objectives
- Ensure that all staff and relevant interested parties who are in contact with confidential and sensitive information are made aware of their responsibilities and accountabilities in the ISMS, to ensure ISMS objectives are effectively and efficiently achieved.
- ISMS objectives at the relevant functional levels/departments are established based on the results of the information security risk assessment, and identified areas for improvement through the management review meetings.
- Comply with applicable ethical, statutory, regulatory and legal requirements of the state of Qatar
- The continual improvement of the information security management system (ISMS) in compliance with the needs and expectations of our stakeholders
This policy shall be reviewed for its suitability and applicability in the management review meetings and approved policy statement shall be communicated within the organization and made available to all relevant interested parties.