Covid-19 Research Project
Do I have antibodies? Did you gain immunity to the Covid-19 virus after infection?
This research contributes to answering these questions and helps scientists and researchers discover the treatment and vaccine for this virus
Who Are We
Qatar Biobank occupies a distinguished position at the local level, in the Middle East and among global biobanks. It also actively contributes to strengthening Qatar's position in the field of biomedical research regionally and globally.
Qatar Biobank allows scientists and researchers inside and outside the State of Qatar to conduct health research by collecting samples and data related to health aspects and lifestyles with the participation of large numbers of volunteers from the population of the State of Qatar.
What Are We Currently Doing
Qatar Biobank is currently working on a research project to determine the extent of the impact of the Corona Covid-19 virus on the human body infected with the virus.
- We also measure the antibodies that form inside the body and gain immunity to the virus and follow these antibodies to identify the period of time during which immunity against the virus lasts.
- Also, samples collected by Qatar Biobank will contribute to research on the discovery of the vaccine and treatment for Coronavirus Covid-19.
How Do We Do It
- This research requires the participation of people who have been infected with the virus so that Qatar Biobank can conduct the necessary tests for them and take samples for research.
- Participation is for one year
- A complete blood test that includes more than 65 tests during the first visit
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the brain and the whole body
- After three days, the results will appear, and the Qatar Biobank doctor will contact the participant and explain the results of the tests
- A quick monthly antibody test is performed to determine the period of time the body is immune to the virus
What Kind Of Tests Are You Doing?
Below is a review of a series of exams that you will pass as part of your participation with Qatar Biobank. All tests are non-invasive and will take place inside Qatar Biobank in a number of clean, safe, comfortable and private rooms:
Weight and body fat measurement
Blood Pressure measurement
Hip and waist measurement
Grip strength measurement
12-lead electrocardiogram (ECG) test
Ultrasound scan of carotid arteries
Vicorder artery stiffness measurement
Retinal eye test
iDXA scan of your whole-body
Treadmill walking test
Lung Function test
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)